Here is the list of the top 7 muscle building foods:
- Eggs: they contain protein of high biological value, which can be easily absorbed by the body. One egg contains 6 grams of protein and many vitamins such as B6, B12, E and D. It would be better to remove the yolk and just eat the white.
- Tuna: it’s a low cost muscle building food that is filled with proteins. It also doesn’t contain any fat and you can eat it raw out of the tin or add it to you salad.
- Milk: milk is full of calcium, vitamins and minerals and can protect your bones during hard workouts. It would be better to consume skimmed milk.
- Lean red meat: red meat like beef contains, iron and B vitamins and is probably the most nutrient dense food. Make sure that you don’t overcook it, because high temperature can damage its nutrients.
- Chicken or turkey breast: they are excellent sources of protein and are very low in fat, if you remove the skin.
- Cottage cheese: it’s very slow digesting and is great as a late night snack.
- Nuts: nuts like peanuts, almonds and macadamias can provide you with fiber, vitamin E, potassium, zinc and magnesium. They are full of healthy eats and can help you gain some muscular weight.
Make sure not to skip meals and eat every 2-3 hours. Keep in mind that if you don’t eat enough your body will break down your existing muscle tissue to repair itself.